A perfect present

 

Liv and Nataniel entered a huge room, filled with people             

Liv and Nataniel entered a huge room, filled with people. All of them were eating, drinking alcohol and talking. All of them in a good mood. All of them criminals, or at least majority. Liv felt overwhelmed by this, but she knew her goal. She was focused on one man.


Nataniel started to introduce her to everybody he knew. Seth, sitting in a corner, surrounded with guests saw Liv in a distance. He immediately recognized her as a girl he saw in a balet school. He excused himself and went to them.

- Oh! And here's the man of the day! - Nataniel poited at Seth when he was close        


- Oh! And here's the man of the day! - Nataniel poited at Seth when he was close. 

Liv gasped but composed herself.


- No no no. No need for wishes and presents. I have all I could ever wished for. - he looked at Liv quickly - My friends and family that is! Welcome to my home.

 - he looked at Liv quickly - My friends and family that is! Welcome to my home        


Liv handed him her hand which he took and kissed.


- Liv Fern. - she said with a smile - It's nice to meet you sir.


- Please, it's enough that I have a birthday today. I don't need to feel that old! I'm Seth Revenmar. But it would be my pleasure if you just call me Seth, my dear.


- The plasure is all mine.


- It pains me to say, but I have leave you two. Guests are waiting a long time now for me to play.

 Guests are waiting a long time now for me to play        


He bowed gently and went for the piano. Liv already knew, how to get his attencion and get close to him. She didn't know that he had her in his sight a long time before.

Seth stood by the piano and raised his arms to silence everyone. When all eyes focused on him, he sat down and started playing. He played slowly at first, but quickly changed his pace. He played lively, almost too perfect for dancing. Liv felt, that it was like an invitation. She couldn't dissapoint a man of the day.

Everybody was standing and listening in silence so Seth would see her for sure        


Everybody was standing and listening in silence so Seth would see her for sure. She went in front of him, still among the croud and started dancing gently, waiting for him to see her. It didn't take long. She was dancing for him just as he intended and he saw her just like she planned. He noded as an invitation and she stepped in the middle of the room. He was enchanted by her dancing and she was happy to make an impression and stay in his memory. They both were happy that their plans were successlull.

When the music and dancing stopped, Seth stood up and went to Liv        


When the music and dancing stopped, Seth stood up and went to Liv. He kissed her hand again and thank for a dance.


- That was beautiful. If I knew tjat Nataniel will bring such a talented friend I would organize a whole evening with music and dancing.


- Maby another time. - she smiled - Today it's not my dancing dress anyway.


- Another time than. - he bowed gently - Please, at least make use of the bar. Tell the bartender I've send you. There are something special for the closest of my friends.


- Well... In that case I can not say no - she smiled again.

 In that case I can not say no - she smiled again        


- I have to leave you for now. It would be rude for other guests to leave them unattended. Hope to see you soon.


- You too Seth. Happy Birthday again.


He smiled and went back to other guestes. He found Nataniel and pulled him to the side.


- Hey boss. What's up?


- We need to talk. Is she... Special to you?

 Special to you?        

-Special? She's... I mean she's fine and goodlooking but... It's no wife material. - he laughed a little nervous.


- Yeah. It would be a damn shame if something would happen to her when you go?


- But... But I'm not going anywhere right now.


- You don't? - Seth frowned - But I've told you last time, that you are leaving. Tomorrow in fact.


- I'm... I'm pretty sure that...


- Are you calling me a liar? - he grabed Nataniel by the back of his head. It looked friendly from afar, but Nataniel felt that it's not - I've told you, you're leaving tomorrow to clean up in Berlin. But I wouldn't take her with you if I were you. It would be so dissapointing if something happened to her there, you know?

- Y... Yeah... I guess so. Maby I forgot somehow about it.


- Yes you did. A girl like that can get to man's head is it? That's why you will go alone. I need your full focus on that, you got that?


- Yes sir.


- Good. - he squeezed Nataniel's neck little harder - Good to hear that. Tonight, enjoy yourself. I woludn't dare to spoil evening like that.


- Yes. Thank you sir.


- Ok. Go now.

When Nataniel made two steps, Seth grabed his arm        


When Nataniel made two steps, Seth grabed his arm.


- Oh and one more thing. Don't bother with saying goodbye to her. It's always so painfull to say goodbye to the ones we care about. It causes nothing but... Dissapointment. You understand, do you?


- Yes. You are right boss.


- My man! - he patted Nataniel's arm - Go now. Make me proud.


Nataniel went to other guests and Seth simeld to himself. Than he looked at Liv at the bar and smirked with satisfaction...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....

goodbye

proposal